Previously, there was a saying that a boring person is one who, in response to the question: “How are you,” really tells others how he’s doing, moreover, very thoroughly. Therefore, many tried to answer this question in a monosyllabic and uninteresting way, not being afraid to pass for a person without a creative streak. Saying “Excellent” or “Good” every time is too common. In a cohort of witty people, you definitely cannot answer in such typical ways. After all, even a simple question like “how are you?” can be answered with creativity. And here is how
ANSWERING WITH HUMOUR
A great way to answer the question “How are you?” is with a slight quirk. This is especially effective in a negative scenario, since you are displaying the strength of your character and uplifting others.
- At minding my business? Better than most people.
- Like you, but better.
- How dare you!
- So… I haven’t had my morning coffee… and haven’t hurt anyone yet, so I’d say “pretty good”
- How am I… what?
- (ahem… looks like you weren’t paying attention)
- Physically? Mentally? Spiritually? Socioeconomically? Financially? I’m not sure how to answer that?!
HOW DO I REPLY TO MY BOYFRIEND?
If you really want to charm your crush, use these responses and get them hooked:
However when your relationship is not at its best, this is what you can say:
Instead of being pushy, you can also reply neutrally and still maintain your distance. You need to show that right now is not the best time to speak.
- Incredibly good looking.
- I’d be better if you asked me out.
- I could really use a big, warm hug right now.
- Thank you for asking. You just made my day.
- *Just stare and smile* (intriguing and flirty)
- Come find out (oooOOo is this an invitation?)
ANSWERING TO HOOK ANOTHER’S INTEREST: ‘What are you doing?’
This is your time to shine and seem intriguing to the other party, otherwise, what’s the point?
- I’m great! I’ve recently learned the coolest skill ever.
- I’m grateful. How are you?
- I’m having a great time. Would you like to schedule another meeting and catch-up again sometime soon?
- I am planning to take over the world!
- You go first. Then we can compare!
- *speaking gibberish*
HOW DO I TRIGGER MY EX IF HE ASKS ME ‘HOW ARE YOU?’
Often, such questions from your ex are not genuine. Instead, the man/woman feels awkward around you, but still wants to remain dominant. So instead of them getting the upper hand, this is what you can say:
- Just pitched a new client. How about you?
- Good actually. Finally watched season 2 of Friends.
- I am thrilled, after a ride at Six Flags.
- I’m doing good. How are you? (remember, always be polite)
HOW DO I REPLY TO A STRANGER:
Often, you do not know what to say or disclose to a complete stranger when starting a conversation. So here are a few options you can have prepped:
- I’m so sorry, but actually very busy.
- Watching a movie.
- What about you, how are you? (drag away the attention on them)
- Nothing much (pretend to be a bit boring)
- I’m all good (the basic response)
QUIRKY ANSWERS TO COMMON QUESTIONS:
- Curing cancer
- Walking a tightrope
- Performing an archaeological dig
- Untangling your Christmas lights
- Painting a self-portrait
- Deep sea fishing
WHAT CAN I ASK INSTEAD OF HOW ARE YOU?
- What was your favourite moment thus far today?
- What 3 words describe you best?
- Is there something you need help with at this moment?
- Which genre/book has most impact on you?
- What is a fear you’d want to overcome?
- What is the one life lesson you think everyone should know?